How do I file for unemployment?

Unemployment Claims are filed with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. To apply for unemployment benefits, go to your nearest full service WorkOne Center as soon as you become unemployed. You are required to report your last employer's name, mailing address, phone number, and dates of employment as well as your address, social security number and phone number.

You may file Weekly Claim Vouchers beginning the following Sunday after filing your new or reopened claim. All benefits paid after February 11, 2007 are being distributed via the new "Unemployment Insurance Benefit Debit Card." Please watch for your card in the mail. Click on the following link for details on the Debit Card Program.

Newsletter Signup

Newsletter Signup Form